After the recent introduction on the market of the PL 1500, presented in 2020 at the last edition of Conexpo in Las Vegas, Simex has gone further, creating a model that allows to perform 2 milling meters in a single pass: PL 2000 (PL 80 for the American market) can be considered the big sister among the asphalt planers of the 1000-1200-1500 series, specially designed for scarifying the road surface.
Thanks to the constant listening to the real needs of an evolving market and to the continuous investments in research and development, Simex has implemented its offer of attachments dedicated to the road surface restoration, where it is necessary to intervene in a qualitative manner while guaranteeing speed of execution and a reduction in construction times, to the benefit of operators and traffic. This led to the creation of a model equipped with a 200 cm wide milling drum, the largest currently available on the market of cold planers for compact loaders. The construction quality of the milling drum is also ensured by Simex production process, which has an internal robotic welding department with double-arm stations in order to carry out a resistant tooth holder with the utmost precision, to the benefit of longevity and performance.
The PL 2000 is designed to be mounted on the new-generation SSL characterized by high hydraulic power and it is equipped with all those features that make the difference on site:
• independent depth adjustment of the slides on the RH and LH sides, to ensure perfectly flat surfaces with side-by-side passes; an essential feature when, for example, very large areas such as forecourts or car parks need to be milled
• the hydraulic side shift, for convenient milling flush to the walls or sidewalks, a procedure further optimized thanks to the new completely redesigned slides, with optimized overall dimensions in order to protect the corner-shaped hoses from possible abrasions
• the floating transverse tilt that allows the operator to keep the planer perfectly aligned to the road surface even when the base machine is not parallel to the ground
• the well-known Simex self-leveling system, which guarantees a constant milling depth regardless of the conditions of the road surface
• the dust suppression system with integrated and increased water tank, which avoids a second water tank to be installed on the roof of the base machine
• the exclusive Performer device, which helps the operator to keep the correct advancement of the base machine, thus optimizing performance
The PL 2000 lands on the market unseating the PL 1500 from the supremacy of the largest road cold planer for compact loaders, boasting a milling width of 200 cm. A corporate record that confirms Simex as a reference point as well as an innovative and reliable technological partner of choice for thousands of earthmoving industry professionals worldwide.